Masoodi visits DC office Anantnag, reviews development activities in South Kashmir

Visited Vessu and discussed issues faced by migrant employees, assured all possible help


Srinagar, 05 September: Jammu and Kashmir National Conference Member of Parliament from Anantnag (Retd) Justice Hasnain Masoodi on Saturday paid a visited to DC Office Anantnag to review the expenditure of MPLAD fund provided for combating COVID-19 and other ongoing development activities in south Kashmir.

On the occasion the concerned DC and head of departments apprised the honorable Member of Parliament about various development activities underway in south Kashmir Districts. The concerned officials told the Member of Parliament that nearly 60% macadamization has been completed in the south Kashmir areas and that the remaining 40% , he was told, will be completed by September. In addition to that the honorable MP was acquainted about the ongoing development activities in various vital sectors. The officials updated the honorable MP about outlay of government on various development activities. District President Kulgam Abdul Majeed Larmi and party leader Adv RiyazKhan were also present.

On the occasion Masoodi raised the issues concerning the people in the south Kashmir districts. He also reviewed the utilization of money which he had released previously from his MPLAD fund for combating the ongoing COVID-19 crises. He asked the officers to make a pool of power transformers to ensure that consumers don’t have to undergo trepidation in the coming winter months. While underscoring the need of having spare transformers to meet the demands of people during the coming winter months, Masoodi said if the administration has extra transformers at its disposal, it can ensure speeding removal of the defunct ones and installation of new ones. The consumers in that case, he said would not have to wait for months to have their damaged transformer repaired.

While taking review of the augmentation of road infrastructure in south Kashmir areas, Masoodi urged the administration to ensure all weather connectivity to far flung areas of south Kashmir. He raised the appalling condition of road infrastructure in Shangus, Kokernag, and Kapran, urging the concerned officials to ensure macadamization of all arterials in these areas as well as the main road connecting these hamlets with district headquarters.

While interacting with the officials, the honorable Member of Parliament rued the non-availability of tap water in the upper reaches of south Kashmir. He urged the concerned authorities to ensure universal availability of drinking water to the people living across the length and breadth of south Kashmir.

On the housing front, the honorable MP asked the concerned officials to ensure that the benefit of IAY, PM Awas Yogna reached the deserving. He also impressed upon the concerned officials to ensure transparency in the whole process to ensure benefits of the schemes to targets groups. On the occasion the Member of Parliament also sought augmentation of infrastructure at sub-district hospitals at Kokernag, Shangus, Dooru, and Seer Hamdan. He urged the concerned officials to ensure quality patient care in the hospitals.

On the occasion the Member of Parliament raised the issue of exorbitant power cuts with the concerned officials. He said that it was possible for the students to avail the benefits of digital education in the absence of electricity. He also drew attention of the concerned officials towards various other issues that directly impinge on the daily lives of people.

Later Masoodi also visited KP Colony at Vessu and took stock of the grievances faced by migrant employees. He was received by Umesh Talashi and a group of Kashmiri Pandit representatives. The delegation of KP employees welcomed Masoodi and discussed various issues including allotment of newly constructed quarters to employees; help in converting newly constructed buildings in premises to KV school for kids and other students of the area and tile path for elders. He listened to the grievances and assured all possible help. He promised a tile path for elders and allotment of new quarters to deserving employees. He also assured to take the request of KV school with the education minister and extend all possible help. Umesh Talashi thanked the MP and expressed satisfaction over the visit. (KNS) 

To Top