KVIB's Office damaged in fire incident at Jammu civil secretariat

Srinagar, Dec 28 (KNS): The retiring room of the vice chairperson of the Khadi and Village Industries Board Hina Shafi Bhat was damaged in a fire that broke out in the main building of the Civil Secretariat in Jammu on Wednesday.

An official told the Kashmir News Service (KNS), that the fire started at the room on the top floor of the multi-floor building in the heart of the city around 1 pm. 

She said that a fire tender of the fire and emergency department, posted at the secretariat, was immediately pressed into service and was joined by fire tenders rushed from six other stations in the vicinity of the building.

She also said the fire was brought under control but a report about the cause of fire and the extent of damage was awaited. However, there was no casualty in the fire.

Bhat said she noticed the fire in her retiring room after sensing the smell of burning wires and alerted the staff. 

The fire service was informed, and we also tried to douse the flames using the fire extinguishers,” she said, adding that the fire was apparently caused by a short circuit.(KNS).

To Top