J&K

JDA has to answer who ordered demolition at journalist Arfaz Daing’s home: Dy CM

Says officers involved will face action

Says officers involved will face action

Srinagar November 29 (KNS):  Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Choudhary on Saturday said that the Jammu Development Authority has to explain who ordered the demolition at the home of journalist Arfaz Daing. He said any officer involved will face action.


Talking to media as per KNS he said he was speaking on behalf of Omar Abdullah and that the Chief Minister Omar Abdullah never supported actions driven by revenge. The administration follows the Constitution of India and respects the work of journalists, he said while visiting home of Arfaz Daing in Jammu 

He said the Chief Minister, Omar Abdullah, had already stated that the government did not approve this step, so the JDA must clarify whose instructions they followed.Click Here To Follow Our WhatsApp Channel

He said Arfaz Daing had the right to speak and publish his views. He said any attempt to silence journalists weakens democratic institutions. He warned that suppressing people through force will not continue without consequences.

He said the demolition caused serious hardship to the family involved. He said those responsible often fail to understand the impact of such actions.

The government will act against anyone responsible for unlawful orders, and he promised a full inquiry, he added.(KNS)

To Top