Families of Trio killed in Hokersar gunfight contested police claims, says “our son’s had nothing to do with militants”

Srinagar, Dec 30 (KNS): The families of trio killed in Hokersar encounter with security forces on Wednesday staged protest and contested police version, saying “our son’s had nothing to do with the militants”.
According to Kashmir News Service (KNS), the families of slain youth soon after the pictures of slain youth killed in Hokersar encounter went viral, assembled outside Police Control Room (PCR) and protested against the security forces who claimed to have gunned down three unidentified militants in the encounter in Srinagar outskirts.
“Our sons were not militants as they left their homes yesterday only for some work”, said an elderly man in a video which had gone viral soon after the incident.
The families of slain Athar and Junaid of Pulwama district were innocent and had no association with any militant outfit. “They left homes yesterday to fulfill the required formalities for admission in a tuition point here for class 12th”, relatives of Athar said.
They families alleged that their sons were killed in a “staged encounter” and demanded stern punishment to the guilty forces who snatched their dear ones from them.
Shouting slogans, the family members and relatives of slain Aijaz said that he left home a day ago to appear in university examination. “The picture of the dead body of Aijaz on social media has shocked us. It was an unimaginable moment for the family”, they said while protesting outside PCR Srinagar.
Accusing that their kin were killed in a “staged encounter”, the family is now demanding the return of body bodies of trio from the police’s possession.
Earlier GOC Kilo Force HS Sahi in a presser claimed that from quite few days intelligence inputs were pouring about militants movement on Srinagar – Baramulla highway. “Yesterday when we received credible tip off and discovered that militants have taken refuge in a house opposite to Noora hospital at Lawaypora in HMT area, we launched a joint operation to overpower them. We offered surrender offers repeatedly which were ignored”, army officer said.
“The hiding militants fired indiscriminately at security forces and lobbed grenades. The operation was halted due to darkness but cordon layers were tightened dung night. With the first light the firefight again resumed and militants started firing heavily on government forces. In the exchange of fire three militants were killed”, he said and commended forces took part in the operation for ensuring a smooth and clean operation. (KNS) 

To Top