Cow dies of electric current in Budgam, owner demands compensation

Budgam, Septtember 11 (KNS): A cow died due to electrocution in Humhama Khar Mohalla of Budgam district, while as its owner has demanded compensation for his loss. 

As per details available with Kashmir News Service (KNS), the accident happened on Saturday evening when cow was passing by a link road and came in contact with an electric pole.

Ghulam Mohidin Khan, owner of the cow said that he had left the cow to graze outside his compound, when it came in contact with the electric pole.

“Immediately during the incident we rushed to the spot to rescue the cow, but it was late as it had succumbed,” he said, while demanding compensation from the PDD for his loss.

Meanwhile, the Police while confirming the incident said that they have received a complaint and have started further investigation into the matter. (KNS)

To Top