4 of family die of suffocation in Ramban

Ramban, Jan 28 (KNS): A couple and their two daughters were found dead inside their house in Sandrot in Ramban district on Saturday morning, officials said here. 

An official told Kashmir News Service (KNS) that the family had slept in the room, keeping charcoal chimney burning that caused suffocation to them. 

He said three of them had died inside the room while a girl was shifted to a nearby in an unconscious state. “However, she also breathed her last during treatment,” he said.  

They been identified as Chain Singh (60), his wife Shankari Devi (55), their daughters Sandesha Devi (30) and Monika Devi (35).

Meanwhile, a case under relevant sections of law has been registered and further investigation has been started. (KNS)

To Top